Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day Ten

I must say i am very impressed at how fast this cleanse is going by. I am holding steady at 18lbs down, i am thinking that is as good as it is going to get but i am happy with the results.

I think my biggest positive to this process is my sleeping, i have been having the best sleeps this week. I consistantly sleep throughout the night and not constantly waking up. Also my energy level throughout the day is very high, especially after lunch, usually that is when i am the most fatigued in the day.

Negative side to this process is the amount of time i spend in the kitchen. I spend about 2+ hours every night in the kitchen doing prep, cooking and then clean up. You have to try to be motivated to stay in the kitchen that long every night after work, for me this is a challenge but i am going through it.

I am also noticing the effects that foods have on my body a lot more. I know that i don't like pears, not that i don't like the taste because i do, they make me feel bloated and gasy. So pears are out. Kind of sad because i do like pears but apparently they dont like me the same way. There are several foods that i thought i liked and now i dont like, cauliflower (gross!), cooked spinach to name a few. Things that i thought i didnt like but apparently i do, butternut squash, leek, yams and even peas (although i am still against frozen peas by themself but that is a long story in itself).

I only have four more days left to go and then i get to start slow incorporating things back into my diet, it will take some time before i will be back to a somewhat normal routine but i like that i will have a lot more food options once i am completed the cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment